So you drafted your team and you thought it was the best one out there but then week 1 and 2 happened...The players you thought were going to be the best are turning out to be busts, and the players you thought were going to fall short are killing it! Well, it's not over yet. It is likely that at least a few players who currently doing well were not picked up during the draft. This means they do not have a team and they are considered free agents. A free agent is a player that can be picked up in exchange for a current player already rostered on your team.
Here is how to "Add" new players from free agency:
- From the league main page, tap on "Players" .
- Find the player you want to add and tap on the icon.
- Select a player from your team that you want to "Drop" in exchange for the new player by tapping the to the right of the player.
- Tap on "Next" in the upper right hand corner.
- "Transaction Details" will then appear showing you who you are going to "Add" and who you are going to "Drop."
- Tap "Confirm" at the bottom of the screen if every thing looks good.
Congratulations! Your roster just got an upgrade! You should now be able to see the new player in the "Team" tab.
If the player you want to pick up has a just to the left of the icon, that means that you will have to pick up that player via Waivers and you cannot pick that player up in free agency. There are two reasons a player would have the icon.
- A player was just recently dropped from another team and was sent to waivers.
- A recent week of matches just ended and all players in free agency are sent to waivers.
For an article that explains how waivers work, click HERE.
What if the icon is "greyed" out? This means that the players (or his/her team) have already played and matches are not yet over. For Overwatch fantasy leagues, this would also be "greyed" out in-between the 2 week sets and your fantasy match up has not yet been completed.
Overwatch Example: After week 1 matches were complete, all players on all teams that played during week 1 weekend would not be available in free agency until AFTER week 2. This includes players that didn't actual play but whose team DID play. All players on all teams who did NOT play during week 1 would still be available in free agency. This would apply between week 3 & 4, week 5 & 6, and so on.