Picture the scene: you’ve set up a league, you’re halfway through drafting, but your Commissioner forgets to override a pick for the DraftBot. Now the AI bot is rocking one of the top players and there’s nothing you can do but jealously look inward as 60 points every week gets wasted on their bench. Nightmare, right?
Well, that’s now a thing of the past thanks to our updated Commissioner tools!
Now your Commissioner can edit the roster of any player in their league- they can drop and add players at will, meaning that the top dogs are no longer locked in the AI cage. FREEDOM!
Using this new tool is quite simple. Simply:
- Open your league on the DraftBuff app. (We’re working on full integration with the web browser, and this article will be updated when you can do this on web too!
- Navigate to the Settings tab (the little cogwheel in the top right)
- Click on ‘Commissioner Settings’ (this is just above ‘Leave League’, to the right)
- Click ‘Edit rosters’
- Move to the player whose roster needs tweaking, then click ‘Add/Drop’.
- Now tweak the players as required- this will be just like if you’re dropping & adding a player to your own team. If the player’s roster has a spare slot for some reason, just click through and it’ll add the player without needing to drop anyone.
- Click ‘Confirm’, and the trade will go through!
Now, while this is an awesome tool, there is a certain trust element that comes with it. As a Commissioner would be able to mess with his players and give himself all the top players, we recommend checking with players before using the tool if you’re editing the roster of someone who isn’t a DraftBot.
If you aren't sure if your Commissioner has edited your roster, you can see if they have forced through or overridden a trade in the Transactions tab. If they've been sneaking through trades, you'll be able to see the trade has been a 'Commissioner Override' in the details.
We're working on extra ways to avoid this from being abused, but in the meantime, play nice and keep it fair. It’s fun to win, but it’s not fun if you’re winning because everyone else in your league got annoyed with you and stopped playing.
Best of luck with your Fantasy leagues- GLHF!